SoluLyse™ Bacterial Protein Extraction Reagent
Efficient extraction of proteins from bacterial cells
The SoluLyse™ Protein Extraction Reagent provides a highly efficient yet gentle method for extracting proteins from bacterial cells. This reagent is a unique formulation of nonionic detergents that is optimized for the most efficient extraction of soluble proteins from bacterial cells. It allows for the perforation of bacterial cell walls without denaturing proteins. The unique, mild formulation of SoluLyse™ offers minimized interference with the binding and elution processes and ensures superior purification results.
- Viscosity from the release of DNA and RNA is minimized
- The resulting cell lysates are easy to work with, with no need to add nucleases
- Simple 1-step protocol
- Suitable for large-scale protein extraction or high-throughput cell lysis
- Compatible with protease inhibitors, salts, chelating agents & reducing agents
- Up to 10 times increase in soluble protein extraction efficiency when compared to other leading commercial lysis reagents
- Functionality of solubilized proteins is preserved
- Compatible with all popular purification methods- such as Ni and glutathione resins for purifying poly-His and GST-tagged proteins
- No need for secondary treatments such as sonication or freeze-thaw
Comparison with Other Protein Extraction Reagents
Side-by-side comparisons between SoluLyse™ and another leading commercial lysis reagent showed that SoluLyse™ yields about 10-fold more soluble proteins. In addition, SoluLyse™ does not compromise protein activities in cell lysates.