AMSBIO now offers the world's first kit to differentiate human pluripotent stem cells into functional myotubes. A highly efficient media based protocol to
differentiate skeletal muscle cells from pluripotent stem cells in a simple, scalable fashion.
- Achieves typically 70% MF20-positive myotubes
- Simple 3-step process of media change and cell passaging
- No cell sorting steps required
- No transfection of myogenic transcription factors
- Tested on a wide range of embryonic & induced pluripotent stem cell lines
Figure 1. Cultures populations typically comprise of 70-90% muscle myotybes and 10-25% muscle precursor cells.
Cells are phenotypically mature and fully functional.
|Pluripotent Stem Cell
Figure 2. High content readout for three cell lines differentiated to muscle-committed myoblasts stained with markers MyoD and MyoGenin and mature myotubes stained with the mature muscle markers Dystrophin and MF20.
All kit components are avialable to order separately.
AMSBIO now supplies disease-affected skeletal muscle cells from the world's largest private bank of pluripotent human stem cells. All cell lines are from human origin and not artificially immortalised, offering a valuable cellular disease model system to accelerate disease research and drug development for Muscular Dystrophies. Contact us to find out more.
Diseases with reported muscle phenotypes include:
- Becker muscular dystrophy
- Fascioscapulohumeral muscular dystrophy (FSHD)
- Merosin Deficiency 1A
- Myotonic dystrophy (type I and II)
- Emery Dreifuss Muscular Dystrophy
- Nemaline Myopathy
Visit our stem cell research product pages.