iMatrix-511 Recombinant Laminin E8 Fragments
Highly Efficient ES/iPS Cell Culture
iMatrix-511 is an innovative cell culture matrix compatible with a wide variety of cell types, and exceptionally well suited for pluripotent stem cells. This product is comprised of recombinant Laminin-511 E8 protein fragments which permit ES/iPS cells to be maintained in feeder-free culture conditions, enables the passaging of single cells, and provides greater adhesion than full-length Laminin, Vitronectin or Matrigel.
- Ideal for feeder-free cell culture
- Provides superior adhesion of human ES and iPS cells
- Enables the passaging of single cells
- Compatible across a wide variety of cell types
- Makes it easy to achieve extended cultures of hES/hiPS cells
- Enables efficient bulk production
iMatrix-511 Silk is human recombinant Laminin-511 E8 with the same functions and performance as those of iMatrix-511, the only difference being is that it is expressed in transgenic silkworm cocoon rather than CHO-S cells. The highly productive transgenic silkworms make recombinant laminin fragment at a competitive price.
- Currently, it is sold only in liquid form. One tube contains 175 ug of cell culture substrate (laminin 511-E8 fragment) at a concentration of 0.5 mg / mL.
- The lyophilized version of iMatrixTM-511 has been discontinued by the manufacturer as of March 2015.
- The storage temperature of the product is refrigerated at 2-8 ° C
- Please refer to the table below for product expiration date.
|Expiration date||Applicable products|
|2 years from date of production||iMatrixTM-511, iMatrixTM-511 silk, iMatrixTM-511MG, iMatrixTM-411, iMatrixTM-221|
|1 year and 6 months from date of production||Easy iMatrixTM-511, Easy iMatrixTM-511 silk|
|6 months from date of production||Quick iMatrixTM-511, Quick iMatrixTM-511 silk|
[ The specific expiration date is printed on the product box. ]
- No. It can not be stored frozen.
- Purity is over 95%. Please refer to the lot specific data sheet for more information.
- Miyazaki et al. Nature communications, 3(1236), 1-10, 2012, and Scientific Reports, 7, 41165, 2017.
- The following are used.
・mTeSR1,TeSR2,TeSR-E8 (STEMCELL Technologies)
・StemProhESCSFM (Thermo Fisher Scientific)
- Nakagawa et al. Scientific Reports, 4(3594), 1-7, 2014.
The following are used.
- The publication stated that all media showed good results.
- The optimal coating concentration depends on the cell line and must be determined by the end user. We recommend first trying iMatrixTM at 0.5 ug / cm2 and consider the optimal concentration to be between 0.1 and 1.5 ug / cm2.
- In addition, there is also a new method for plating, the Pre-mix method:
Miyazaki et al. Scientific Reports, 7, 41165, 2017.
- Nakagawa et al. Scientific Reports, 4(3594), 2014.
- Use Rock Inhibitor at cell passage. However, it is not used during medium exchange.
- Currently, there is no data to support culture of mouse iPS cells using iMatrixTM-511.
Coordinated generation of multiple ocular-like cell lineages and fabrication of functional corneal epithelial cell sheets from human iPS cells.
Nature Protcols 2017, April 12:683-696