MagSi beads can seamlessly replace discontinued Dynabead® products
MagSi high magnetic content (HMC) beads with sizes of 0.6 um and 1.0 um (1.2 um for MagSi-proteomics and MagSi-DNA allround beads) to replace all previous MagnaMedic products. The use of a novel, newly developed ferro fluid (Mag-Ferro) with an magnetisation of up to 40 emu/g raises the magnetic content from ~30% to 50% enhancing the time to magnet significantly
- MagSi products can replace Dynabeads® without major changes in protocols or handling,
- MagSi has a proven track record for manual use and robotic platforms (Beckman Coulter® , Tecan®, IDS®, Xyril®, Stratek®, Hamilton®, Roche® and others)
Advantages of the MagSi:
- 4-6 times faster and a more complete collection of the MagSi-beads.
- Lower carry over of contaminants.
- Faster protocols can be used (although standard protocols need no adjustment) even with highly viscous solvents and samples.
- Higher yield of your target biomolecule, especially in assays with complex binding kinetics.
- Better reproducibility.
- Small bead with the magnetic performance and strength of a larger version.
- Same size distribution, mean size, surface functionality (e.g. binding capacity, sensitivity) and sedimentation time as the old beads
MagSi beads are also available as 600 nm particles for increased binding capacity and sensitivity and in higher standard volumes
* Discontinued by InvitrogenTM
** Please also see the MagSi protein and peptide and MagSi proteomics selection guide
*** MagSi-XXX 1.0 um beads can replace InvitrogenTM 2.8 um and 1 um beads in most existing applications
Please also see our Magnetic DNA separation / purification products and clean up kits
Search for compatible Magnetic separators here
Dynabeads and Dynal are trademarks of Life Technologies Corporation and Applied Biosystems, LLC. Beckman Coulter is a registered trademarks of Beckman Coulter, Inc. Tecan is a registered trademarks of Tecan Group Ltd. or of REMP AG.