MagSi Tools & MagSi Direct Coupling Kits
Magnetic tools for research & development applications
Using magnetic separation in biological applications is becoming increasingly popular. An extremely versatile technique, biomagnetic separation has a range of applications from the isolation of nucleic acids and cells, to protein purification.
Adding to our extensive collection of magnetic separation solutions are MagSi-Tools, a range of surface-activated magnetic beads as well as MagSi-Direct, a revolutionary biomolecule linkage kit.
Carboxyl modified surface- for carbodiimide coupling with NH2-containing molecules.
NH2 modified surface- for carbodiimide coupling chemistry with COOH-containing molecules or aldehyde coupling chemistry.
Tosyl modified surface- for immobilization of antibodies, glycoproteins or other aldehyde-containing molecules.
Hydrazide modified surface- for immobilization of antibodies, glycoproteins or other aldehyde-containing molecules.
|MagSi-S Hydrazide 1.0||10 ml||View|
|MagSi-S Hydrazide 1.0||100 ml||View|
|MagSi-S Hydrazide 1.0||2 ml||View|
|MagSi-S Hydrazide 3.0||10 ml||View|
|MagSi-S Hydrazide 3.0||100 ml||View|
|MagSi-S Hydrazide 3.0||2 ml||View|
|MagSi-S Hydrazide 600||10 ml||View|
|MagSi-S Hydrazide 600||100 ml||View|
|MagSi-S Hydrazide 600||2 ml||View|
Epoxy modified surface- for coupling to enzymes and other NH2-containing molecules.
|Feature||MagSi-Direct 1.0||MagSi-Direct 3.0|
|Diameter of beads||1.0 μm||3.0 μm|
|Application||Immunoassays and capture reactions in volumes ≤ 1000 μL||Cell capture applications and capture reactions in high volumes/viscous samples|
|Components||MagSi-Direct 1.0 beads, 10X immobilization buffer, and blocking buffer||MagSi-Direct 3.0 beads, 10X immobilization buffer, and blocking buffer|
|Pack sizes available||Small (2 ml beads), Medium (10 ml beads), Large (100 ml beads)||Small (2 ml beads), Medium (10 ml beads), Large (100 ml beads)|
Magnetize almost any molecule with MagSi-Direct
- Viral particles
- Test compounds
- Cellular receptors
- Blood components
There are multiple possible applications of MagSi-Direct, both in vitro and in vivo, including:
Stem Cells - Personalized Cell Therapy Research
- Use your own cell-specific ligands to isolate cells of interest
- Expose cells only to their own natural ligands, which you have "magnetized"
- Isolate or concentrate minority cell populations gently and efficiently
- Purify delicate proteins or complexes with ease
- Simply “magnetize” any natural binding partner and use it as “bait”
- Avoid complex chromatographic separations
Flow Cytometry - FACS Cell Sorting
- Remove interfering cell populations prior to flow analysis
- Just attach your cell-specific ligand to MagSi-Direct beads and use it to pull out the interfering cells with a magnet
- Enhance FACS capabilities - add magnetic cell depletion or concentration steps before or after running a sort
- Capture or purify ANY analyte that binds to a “magnetizable” partner that you have in hand
- Develop quantitative magnetic affinity assays
With a mean diameter of 3.0 µm, MagSi-Direct is especially suitable for cell capture applications and capture reactions in high volumes or viscous samples. Includes ready-to-use MagSi-Direct 3.0 beads, 10X Immobilization Buffer and Blocking Buffer