Detachin™ Cell Detachment Solution
Gentle and rapid detachment of in vitro cultured cells
Detachin™ Cell Detachment Solution is a superior alternative to Trypsin/EDTA for gently detaching adherent cells from in vitro growth vessels. Detachin™ provides quick, gentle, and effective detachment of a wide variety of adherent cells, including primary cells, from all known tissue culture plastic ware. It contains protease and collagenase activities in an isotonic, phosphate buffer solution with EDTA.
- Offers gentle and rapid detachment
- Stable at 4°C for 2 months
- Convenient formats including 100 mL, 10 x 100 mL, and 6-PAC (6 x 50 mL) sizes, that reduce contamination and footprint
- No mammalian or bacterial byproducts
- No need to wash detached cells
- Preserve unused Detachin™ for longer term storage
- Effective on a wide range of cells
- Provides maximum cell viability compared to trypsin
Detachin™ is available in different convenient formats including 100 mL, 10 x 100 mL, and 6-PAC (6 x 50 mL) sizes. The Detachin™ 6-PAC format allows users to preserve unused portions of Detachin™ for the long term, while reducing the chance of contamination of Detachin™ stock, and reducing the footprint of Detachin™ in tissue culture hoods.
Detachin™ has been successfully tested on a wide variety of different cells and cell types, including but in no way limited to:
- Bone marrow stem cells
- Mouse germ cells
- HEK 293
Comparison of cell viability using Detachin™ and trypsin
Cell detachment and viability over time using Detachin™
A bioassay for determination of lipopolysaccharide in environmental samples.
Peters, M., et al. (2012) Innate Immunity 0(0), 1-6.