Enzymatic degradation for Chondroitin Sulfate/ Dermatan Sulfate
The biological activity of chondroitinase enzymes are due to their ability to act on chondroitin (CS) and dermatan (DS) sulfate chains of chondroitin sulfate proteoglycans (CSPGs). CSPGs are needed for normal functioning of the body; with increases or decreases in the level of CSPGs associated with various pathological conditions. Chondroitinase ABC from Proteus vulgaris can be useful in conditions where there is an increase in the level of CSPGs, namely spinal cord injury, vitreous attachment, and cancer. Over the last decade, various animal studies have shown that chondroitinase ABC could be a good drug candidate. AMSBIO provides chondroitinase ABC (purified from Proteus vulgaris), as well as chondroitinase ACI and chondroitinase B (both from Flavobacterium heparinum). These offer targeted digestion of different sulfation patterns of CS / DS.
What We Offer
- EC Number 18.104.22.168
- Purified from Proteus vulgaris
- Degrades polysaccharides containing 1,4-beta-D-hexosaminyl and 1,3-beta-D-glucuronosyl or 1,3-alpha-L-iduronosyl linkages to oligosaccharide, mainly disaccharides.
- Catalyzes chondroitin 4-sulfate, chondroitin 6-sulfate, and dermatan sulfate
- Acts slowly on hyaluronate.
- EC Number 22.214.171.124
- Purified from natural & recombinant Flavobacterium heparinum
- Cleaves sulfated and non-sulfated polysaccharide chains containing 1-4 linkages between hexosamines and glucuronic acid residues yielding to oligosaccharide products (mainly disaccharides)
- Degrades chondroitin sulphates A and C
- Not active on dermatan sulphate (chondroitin sulphate B).
- Cleaves sulphated and non-sulphated polysaccharides regions of CS A and CS C.
|Chondroitinase AC, from Recombinant Flavobacterium heparinum - Research Grade||0.5 IU||View|
|Chondroitinase AC-I (EC 126.96.36.199) from Flavobacterium heparinum, 20 IU||20 IU||View|
|Chondroitinase AC-I (EC 188.8.131.52) from Flavobacterium heparinum, 5 IU||5 IU||View|
|Chondroitinase AC-I from Flavobacterium heparinum (Flavo, EC 184.108.40.206), 50 IU||50 IU||View|
- Purified from Flavobacterium heparinum
- Degrades only dermatan sulfate (chondroitin sulphate B) producing oligo- and tetra-saccharides, and an unsaturated 4-sulphated disaccharide.
- Major linkage cleaved: GalNAc,4S 1-4 IdoA
|Chondroitinase B from Recombinant Flavobacterium heparinum - Research Grade||5 ug||View|
Case Study shows digestion of perineuronal net by our Chondroitinase ABC
Image courtesy of: Cell biology of the synapse laboratory, Institut de Biologie de l’Ecole Normale Supérieure (IBENS), CNRS,INSERM U1024, Ecole Normale Supérieure, PSL Research University, F-75005 Paris, France. Corresponding author (for image): Alexandra NothnagelInstitut de Biologie de l’ENS (IBENS), 46 rue d’Ulm, F-75005, Paris, France.