For the rapid isolation of DNA and for the essential purification steps, all MagSi-DNA kits can be used in the determination of gene-expression or polymorphisms in metabolic or genetic hereditory diseases.
MagSi-DNA allround beads are magnetic silica beads with a dense core of iron oxide and with a higher magnetic content compared to MagSi-DNA. The surface is optimized to bind nucleic acids and the high paramagnetic strength gives high recovery of the bead when isolating them from a complex mix like whole blood.
- Can be applied in automated systems
- Quick and complete separation
- Very good reproducibility
- High quality DNA recovered (OD 260/280 > 1.7)
- Ideal for downstream applications like RT-PCR or DNA sequencing.
If very high yelds of DNA are needed, the MagSi-DNA beads are also available in carboxylated forms (MagSi-DNA COOH) Please also see the MagSi genomics selection guide