AMSBIO now provides the most advanced method for GENE and shRNA DELIVERY
- Transduction of adherent and suspension cells (Protocol)
- Gene delivery into hard-to-transfect, primary or drug-arrested cells.
- Highly reproducible gene delivery controlled by the amounts of lentivirus
- Sub-cellular localization analysis using Organelle Labeling Lentiviral Particles
- Simple, cost effective generation of stable cell lines for long-term high level expression
- Production of transgenic animals
- Simple, ready-to-use particles that are directly added to cells - No need for any transfection reagents
- Optional inducible particles can be used for constitutive high gene expression or as Tetracycline inducible expression in the presence of TetR*
- High true titer: 1 x 10e7 IFU/ml or higher
- Real-time monitoring of expression after 48-72 hours via co-expressed fluorescent signal
- Replication-incompetent virus - We use third generation lentivector to prevent replication of the virion **
- Delivered genes expressed natively or with a 6His-tag
- Particles are packaged in culture medium with 10% FBS, in serum-free medium or concentrated in PBS for in vivo studies
- Ready-to-use lentivirus available for human and mouse genes expression
Download our Brochure
* Constitutive or Inducible? You control when your target is expressed!
Our optional inducible promoters have two copies of tetracycline (Tet) operator sequence integrated. This doesnt affect the efficiency of the promoters, and without further intervention, the optional inducible lentiviral particles drive regular high constitutive expression of your gene or shRNA of interest.
Please note : Like in any inducible system, slight leakage may occur.
Whenever expression is desired, tetracycline (or doxycycline, a tetracycline derivative) can be added to the medium of the transduced cells. It will bind and inhibit the TetR protein, allowing high expression of the target.
Download our Frequently Asked Questions about ready-to-use lentiviral particles
Download our List of lentiviruses for Human and Mouse genes
Do you require custom made lentivirus?
- Lentivirus cloning kits and packaging systems are also available:
** Biosafety considerations: Please note that although our lentiviral vectors contain all necessary biosafety features, work with lentiviral particles should be carried out under Biological Safety Level 2 (BL2) or higher. Please conduct a thorough risk assessment for your project and contact your health and safety facilities for local guidelines and regulations.
Curious about Lentiviruses?
What is a Lentivirus?
Lentivirus is a subfamily of the retrovirus family. Lentiviruses can deliver significant amounts of genetic information into host cells and integrate it into the cellular genome. Genetically-engineered lentiviruses are therefore used as one of the most efficient tools of gene delivery.
These lentiviruses contain a viral promoter which is used to control the expression of a transgene or shRNA but no virulence genes anymore. Together with several other security modifications this makes them safe to use in the laboratory.
How does it work?
Co-transfection of packaging plasmids and transfer vector into a packaging cell line allows efficient production of lentiviral particles which are released into the cells supernatant.
Viral particles harvested from the cell supernatant can transduce a wide range of both dividing and non-dividing mammalian cell types. Upon infection with lentiviral particles, the single stranded RNA (ssRNA) is reverse-transcribed and the resulting double-stranded DNA (dsDNA) stably integrates into the genome of the host providing for long term transcription of gene of interest or shRNA.
Schematic diagram showing production of lentiviral particles and stable integration of the target DNA in the host genome
FOCUS ON... Ready-to-use Organelle Labelling Lentivirus
Organelle Labelling Lentiviral Particles are ideal tools for monitoring gene expression and intracellular protein trafficking. Because of the distinct fluorescent marker available (GFP, RFP and CFP), they can be used for multicolor labeling and direct visualization applications.
Those lentiviruses can be used to visualize biological processes as they occur in a wide variety of cell lines, primary cell cultures, stem cells, and non dividing cells, which may be resistant to standard gene delivery techniques such as transfection or retroviral infection:
- Easy Cell Organelle or Cell Structure Labelling - Without use of transfection reagents, antibodies or chemicals
- Monitoring of protein trafficking
- Study organelle morphology and dynamics
- Protein co-localisation with organelles
- Available for Nucleus, Nuclear Membrane, Mitotic Chromosomes and Interphase Chromatin, Endosome, Endoplasmic Reticulum, Microtubule, Mitochondria, Golgi, Lysosome, Plasma Membrane, Cytoplasm and Peroxisome
Schematic diagram showing the Organelle Marker available - Fluorescent protein tags (GFP, RFP or CFP) are fused to specific DNAs encoding organelle-specific or structure-specific proteins, allowing direct visualization of the organelles or structures without manipulation.
You don't find the Organelle Labelling Lentivirus you need? Our Lentivirus Custom Services
can certainly generate the lentivirus you want.